[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: membership and ethics

  • From: "arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx" <arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ROBINHAUSGSD@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 14:36:17 GMT

The White German Shepherd Dog Club, Int'l Inc has had "I will not sell whole
litters of puppies to anyone, nor will I knowingly sell or supply dogs, puppies
or litters to any pet shop or animal wholesaler on penalty of prompt dismissal
from Club membership." as part of its membership pledge for as long as I can
remember:
http://www.whitegermanshepherd.org/wgsdciap.htm
I don't know if this would help, but thought you all might like to see how the
White German Shepherd Dog Club of America uses binding arbitration for
termination of members, charges brought against members, membership
applications that have objections filed by members, charges against a club
officer and maybe other problems that need resolution.

For example, if anyone files an objection to a membership application, the BOD
appoints an independent arbitration board to resolve the issue (it's a binding
decision).

Here's the WGSDCA's Standing Rules for resolutions of objections of a
membership application using an independent arbitration board.
I.  Membership - h Objections - i., ii., iii., iv., v., vi., vii., and viii.
http://www.wgsdca.org/downloads/standingrules.pdf

And the Arbitration Board:
ARTICLE III - BOARDS AND OFFICERS
Section 1- BOARDS
c. Independent Arbitration Board
This Board is made up of 3-5 persons uninvolved with the White German Shepherd
Dog Club of America or any other White Shepherd or White German Shepherd Dog
Club. It is desirable that this Board Member be or have been a handler or
breeder or Judge of other breed dogs and must be a member in good standing with
the AKC. These persons are appointed by an appointed panel of one member for
each of the two boards and officers. They shall be responsible for reviewing
the charges entertained against any member in writing by the appointed panel,
and for reviewing any decision against any applicant. The Independent
Arbitration Board is the sole review of charges brought against any officer of
the WGSDCA. Their decision is final."
http://www.wgsdca.org/theclub/bylaws.asp

http://www.wgsdca.org/theclub/constitution.asp - WGSDCA Constitution
http://www.wgsdca.org/theclub/bylaws.asp - WGSDCA By-laws - ARTICLE III -
BOARDS AND OFFICERS - Section 1 - (c) - INDEPENDENT ARBITRATION BOARD  "

Gayle & the Hooligans!
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=6&uid=4294023 - Link to The
Hooligans Albums

-- ROBINHAUSGSD@xxxxxxx wrote:
I believe that to become a member of GSDCA a person should agree that they
will not sell dogs to wholesalers who then sell to pet stores, or sell dogs at
flea markets, or donate dogs for auction.  This should be a requirement of
membership.  This should not be left to just signers of the code of  ethics.

My own stud agreement requires this of puppies sold,  including the
requirement that any pups not sold to "legitimate" show homes go on limited
registration.

This is not unreasonable.

jmho,
Pat Robinson
ROBINHAUS

Click for free info on detox treatments for drug &amp; alcohol dependency.
http://3rdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2221/fc/Ioyw6i4t7ycJ67nmfWjJKFU8ro8MI0wPWU5AAZteZFFp6JkWLKk4fB/