[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: mega

  • From: Amytortoise@xxxxxxx
  • To: irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 19:25:19 EDT

My Nichole was born with a severe case of megaesphagus. I had her to the
emergency vet when she was 23 hours old because she was acting like she had
pnemonia. She had swallowed the milk wrong. She was so tiny they had to x-ray
her
on a dental film. When she was four weeks old and started to eat she would
always throw up her food and she was not growing. At six weeks I had a barium
test done and confirmed the mega. One of the vet techs took her home and kept
her for a month and got her through the rough part by feeding her small
amounts  and holding her up so that the food would go down. I am not exactly
sure
what  has happened but....Nichole has not thrown up from the mega since she was
12  weeks old. She also was diagnosed with E.P.I. at three. She is 6-1/2
years old  now,doing great, spayed, OFAed in the hips and elbows. She is a
registered  therapy dog.She goes everywhere with me. But most important she is
the
love  of my life and my BEST FRIEND.And of course she is solid black!!!!!!!!!!!
Amy Greenhut
Justrock Shepherds
Leopard Tortoises