[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: meOW!

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dfritsche@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 00:13:01 -0400

Dave -
Just so you know...we already have "Soma."  I have a friend who never,
ever, gets rattled.  She has had the most awful things happen in her
family...one daughter fed the date rape drug, assaulted, and
hospitalized; another hit by an unlicensed drunk driver (who didn't
speak English...how do we let these people loose?); a son who had some
other terrible medical emergency last year;         and she never, ever
gets rattled.  She doesn't even raise her voice!
    She is also an exceptionally talented artist who never draws or
paints anymore.
    One day a couple of years ago I was scolding her for giving up her
art, and swearing that if I'd had any talent for it I'd be drawing or
painting all the time.  I also complimented her and said that I was
constantly amazed at her equanimity...and she knocked me off my feet
with her response:  "Didn't you know?  I've been on Prozac for years!"
    Duh!   Brave New World was rewritten, btw...the new name of the book
was "Prozac Nation."
Peggy