[ SHOWGSD-L ] mammary tumors-please help

  • From: CheradonGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 19:11:53 EST

Hello,
I just noticed a mammary tumor (only one) on one of my Jenna's  nipples.  It
is  small-about 2 X the size of a pea.  This is very  frightening to me-does
this mean she has cancer????  Jenna is more  important to me than I can ever
explain-and I love her more than most people  could imagine--and now I am
afraid.  She is my shadow-my partner, and about  the only place she is not with
me
is when I am at work. She is 8 yrs old-has had  only 1 litter--in June of
2005-and I do have one of her daughters, whom I also  love dearly.  She is not
spayed--because I just fear that something will  happen to her in the operation
and I cant bear to lose her-but now I am thinking  that is my only option??
Is getting her spayed the best thing to do--and does this tumor mean she  has
cancer in her body>??  I am calling my vet tomorrow-but I do trust  the
advice of this list more than any vet for the most part-and I do have a good
vet-but most vets seem to think the best option for fixing most things is
spaying
and neutering.

Please tell me what is the best to do?

Cheri Hunt----Cheradon Shepherds
Home of Ch. Cheradon  AchtungErynbrook Molokai, TC, OFA H&E, PA,TH,CA, Eyes
Cert. and Certificate  of Health Merit Excellent from the GSDCA (aka Ch. Mikey)
**************Who's never won?  Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on
AOL Music.
(http://music.aol.com/grammys/pictures/never-won-a-grammy?ncid=emlcntusmusi00000003)