[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: mail?

  • From: Stormy Hope <stormy435@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: charangsd@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2012 09:46:23 -0700

Forgive my 'before tea in the morning' sense of humor, but I am getting a smile
out of 10 posts to the list that are discussing not getting mail.

Seriously, the very best thing to do is if there is concern about  'no mail,'
is to check the archives.  If there is no posts there, then nobody is posting,
and nobody will get emails.  If the list is down, an alert will be posted on
the showgsd.org website.

AOL periodically bounces 30 or 40 or more AOL users.  Not every AOL user is
bounced because they are covered by various servers.  (And I don't totally
understand this)  When I was on AOL, I never got bounced and had great
service....................until I didn't.  AOL (and some other ISPs) will
bounce when some lister mail end up in the spam folder or somebody marks List
Mail as Spam (it can be accidentally, but the ISP doesn't know accidents.)

If a lister bounces, sometimes they are automatically put to vacation,
sometimes they are not.  It's up to the CyberGods, I guess.

All that aside, there is a link to Admin at the bottom of each list post, and
when there is a problem, that is the correct place to let somebody know.

Stormy
Back to my tea