[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: lump - update

  • From: Kay Reamensnyder Betty Doerpinghaus <bedkar@xxxxx>
  • To: <lonnagsd@xxxxxxx>, GSD list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 23:00:31 +0000

Our Sassy had a grade 5 tumor in a caudal breast when she was 5 years old.

The VET resected the one breast and then we went to an Oncologist.  The lab

report said she had only one small edge (on the resection) that was
questionable.

The oncologist said we should observe her and have her checked frequently.

She is 10 1/2 now and has had no recurrence.

The opinion of both Vets was that spaying (at her age) did not stastically
improve

her outcome.  For spaying to have an effect on the occurrence of Breast CA, the
bitch

should have been spayed before her second heat cycle (as a youngster).

Needle biopsy of both tumors might help in deciding what to do....at least you
would know

what kind of tumor you are dealing with.

 -Kay Reamensnyder and Betty Doerpinghaus
 -Home of Bedkar German Shepherds
 -bedkar@xxxxx
 -Visit our Website:  www.bedkargsd.com