[ SHOWGSD-L ] "loosing it"

  • From: The Crystal Crow <thecrystalcrow@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 12:23:21 -0500

The one that gets to me is "web sight".
"I could barely decipher the web site without my glasses, as my sight is
poor without them."

Kristal Crow

Penny, I think "lose" is the most misspelled word. I see it all the time
being spelled as "loose". The other most misused word is "seen" for "saw".
Kills  when people say "I seen" when it should be " I saw".  It has gotten
bad
 with the use of "I seen" that even journalist on television are now using
it. I guess they missed that class in college.

Lee Brown
Too far from the womb and too close to the tomb to  care about what anyone
thinks of me.

In a message dated 2/1/2011 9:21:24 A.M. Central Standard Time,
ketchy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Why  do people keep saying "loosing"?  I think it might be  spelled
"losing".   But it took me summer school to graduate from  high
school, so what do I
know.?  I think there is no  such word as  "loosing".  Or am I losing  it?
JV

No  John,  you are not losing it.  LOL
A dog can get  "loose."
At a party, someone can be "loosey-goosey."  (an old time  expression,
probably not grammatically correct.)
A worker can  "loosen" a screw.
A man or woman can be considered  "loose."

HOWEVER:

The Buffalo Bills can "lose" a football game.  (They do that regularly.)
A wise guy can "lose" his bad  attitude.
The GSDCA can "lose" money.
The membership can "lose"  the war.

Penny in  NC