[ SHOWGSD-L ] looking or some information

  • From: LARRY D BUTLER <bld4@xxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 17:20:28 +0000

I have a two year old bitch at the ER right now.  She is on IV's and is doing
well at the moment.  X-rays showed gas in the intestines.  Stomach and spleen
look normal.  She has been vomiting white mucus, but eating and pooping normal.
 Blood work is normal with a slightly high PCV of 59.  She only vomits a small
amout about 8-10 hours after eating.  She wants to play and eat in between.  I
took her in at 4 o'clock, because she vomited food this time.  She also "looks"
sick.  The vet thinks he can feel something not right, but also says it could
just be gas that he is feeling.  She is not outside without me and has not
eaten anything that she doesn't eat anyway.  (horse and dog poop)  She is on a
probiotic and decent dog food.  (Eagle Holistic Select and yes, I know they
just changed their formula, but we are at least six bags into the "new look"
bag.  I also add chunks of cooked chicken to the food.)  Any thoughts would be
appreciated.

Kathy