[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: look the other way

  • From: Sharon Polifrone <onhfarm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 16:48:41 -0500

Just as a point of information, commercial poultry is one of the most
bacteria-laden (read salmonella) products around - of course, that's why
they tell you to cook it well. This goes for "organic" or "free range" as
well as all others because it's not what they are fed, but how they are
processed. Birds are eviscerated with a hook which breaks the intestines
and then they are dunked in a bath with all that fecal matter. As many as
200 subsequent washings with chlorine fails to remove this contamination
from all parts of the bird (but certainly gives it a chemical taste, which
most people have grown used to). I raise my broilers on grass and process
them by hand in my kitchen (no intestinal breakage!) and, yes, there's a
huge difference in taste, texture, nutrition and sanitation. Most people
can't do this, but there are small farmers all over the country doing it
and selling directly to the public. Support your local farmer by going to
eatwild.com - you and your dog will love it!
Sharon
CODA GERMAN SHEPHERDS