[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: long AKC REP, Fitchberg and doubling 2 sides to every s...

  • From: "Cudjoegsd" <cudjoegsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx>, <BAERENTATZE312@xxxxxxx>, <onaluzlead@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 09:23:06 -0600

AOL EmailMolly hits the nail on the head with the core of the problem:
"Whether that is said or not DD, I do not see many dogs getting the points that
are not at that end of the lead going all out.   I often see judges asking for
loose lead and whether they get it or not, dog still goes up.  WE have way too
many runners in this breed now, not gaiters......."
Most handlers will tell you that, under most judges, if they go loose they
lose.  So what is the answer?  If you must double handle vigorously, then only
show at Specialties?  Old timers in the breed will tell you that you can double
handle and not be detected if you make an effort to do so and train your dog
accordingly.  We did it 20 years ago and it is still being done by successful
exhibitors at all breed shows.  D.D.