[ SHOWGSD-L ] litter whelping advise

  • From: Sheila Lieberman <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 13:47:56 -0700 (PDT)

I am sure that many of us here do have this, but I made a point of getting a
contact number for my vet that I could use during off hours for my bitch's
litter.

  If you have a good vet, they will take your litter personally and will gladly
be on call for you.  So for those who have not thought of this, before your
bitch is 7 weeks, talk to your vet about being able to get them in a pinch.

  I was fortunite enough to not need my vet during off hours, in fact the
c-section happened during a lull in business and appointments, even though is
was more or less an emergency surgery.  We had the practice to ourselves and
were able to care for the pups and Liddy with full concentration.

  But I kept the cell number anyway!
  sheila

Sheila of Miami
Mernydex GSD's