[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: lists

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: TISHW@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 19:44:08 EST

The problem with "exclusionary lists" vs open with references lists is that
one is usually preaching to the choir in those types of lists.   Exchanges of
ideas, differences of opinions, even heated and what may appear argumentative
discussions foster growth and ,if open,   acceptance of new ideas.    I have
learned and changed many opinions that I held fast by reading well thought out
and reasoned arguements.     Not only about dogs, but, well...life.    It's
called growth.   Not willynilly, change your way of thinking with every new
thought that comes down the pike, but listening and learning. An Arguement is
not
hostile unless Hostility is in the minds of those arguing.

A most recent form of this is my long held opinion that it is useless to try
to change the thought processes of Animal Rights leaning groups.   Why waste
my breath.   Yet, I am being challenged to join in discussions politely and
tactfully to bring new ideas in.   Even if those whose opinions are dead set
against what I am saying, there are those "lurkers" who may just say...."wow,
never thought of it that way".

so, I love this list because we all don't lockstep down the same path, I am
learning and growing and not becoming static and stale.   Thank you for
listening

Stormy
In a message dated 12/27/07 4:26:18 PM, TISHW@xxxxxxx writes:

> Most of us are not "elitist" - but we are frequently opinionated and
> argumentative!  LOL

"You may never know what results come from your action.
But if you do nothing, there will be no result."
                                           Mahatma Gandhi
Stormy Hope
www.FairhopeGSD.www

See AOL's top rated recipes