[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: lip crud

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Diwri@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 22:57:05 -0400

    There are a couple of things that will get rid of it, provided it is
not caused by some parasite or something.........
olive oil rubbed into it, or baby oil........or the Vitamin E from
capsules, as you said, altho that is messy stuff...    none of those things
would hurt if the dog swallowed some.   Vaseline petroleum jelly, too,
but that's kind of messy........worse than the vitamin E.
   I think it is caused by external conditions, esp. on dogs with little
pockets in their lips.......they hold water and moisture and the lip
crud, in my mind, is the canine version of chapped lips..............

       Before using panalog or anything like that, I'd try one or more
of the things I named in the first paragraph...........
Peggy