[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: lip crud??

  • From: Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx
  • To: terryr@xxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 00:07:59 EDT

I'm wondering if what most people are thinking of is something  different
than what Terry's dog has.  I had a bitch with Lupus several years  ago,
and her problem began by looking like she had somehow scraped her
nose - I thought she did it trying to force her way through the chain  link
on her run (which she constantly did).  I would put neosporin or  panalog
on it and it would start to clear up, but then it would come back.  It
gradually became worse and when I came across some information on
Lupus on the internet I asked my vet about it.  He did a biopsy and  it
came back positive.

Terry, I suspect your vet has seen the "Lip crud" the List has been
discussing.  If he or she is wondering about Lupus, I'd have a  biopsy
done.  If your dog has Lupus, an early diagnosis would make it  much
easier and cheaper to treat.  If not, you've ruled it out and can  treat
the symptoms with the knowledge you aren't letting a potentially
dangerous condition advance to a more serious level.   Your  description
of the crustiness by the nose sounds like this could be more than
just "lip crud".

Better safe than sorry!

Janice Buchanan

In a message dated 7/6/2007 7:06:38 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,