[ SHOWGSD-L ] liberal/conservative/ nonsense: AB1634

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: fhenry1@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 13:30:17 EDT

Especially since I have been working night and day on defeating this bill and
Evan who is ready to take them on in court) and I are in a race to see who is
more liberal :-)   Or maybe age is catching up and we are both becoming more
conservative................nah!

It isn't a matter of liberal vs conservative on this one...and I'm finding
that on the radio shows, too.   It's a matter of understanding the issues and
being staunch enough to stand alone, if necessary.   Standing off their own
hype
and their own backers.

I had to memorize the "IF" poem (by Rudyard Kipling?), as a kid, and never
seemed to forget it.   "IF" spoke to a son, but I just changed the gender a bit
:-)

Stormy
In a message dated 7/6/07 10:11:24 AM, fhenry1@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I'm about as liberal as they come <G>, and I'm vehemently opposed to this
> legislation. I think the fact that Democrats seem to be in favor of this
> bill is more a failure of our educational efforts than it is a matter of
> "liberal" philosophy. In general, "liberals" are in favor of a
> "live-and-let-live" approach.
>
> I don't want to start a war, and I don't want to argue liberal vs.
> conservative politics, but I think we make a mistake if we just write off
> the "liberals" as being immune to dialogue.
>
> Fran Henry

~~~~~~~~
Stormy Hope
California Federation of Dog Clubs