[ SHOWGSD-L ] letter from 14 yr old GSD lover!

  • From: "Sharon Allbright" <sharlen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 13:41:45 -0800

A change of pace!
Thought I would share this letter I received today from a young girl. She is
from Mifflinburg, PA and has adorable return address labels with three GSD's
on them. I did respond to her in 2004 and sent her a packet of items. Not
the magnet though.
 Do we have our work cut out for us or not?.
I could also tell you about the call I received this morning at a little
past 4AM from a gentleman wanting to know "Do ya all have some dogs for
sale?"
Also the gentleman who called me twice today from CO as he wants to breed
his male GSD and no one will help him and he lives in an apartment and has
disabilities and can't speak very well.
And the man who is angry with the breeder of his dog as he says she is not
sticking to her contract and so on and on and on.
Sharon Allbright
Corresponding Secretary GSDCA

Dear German Shepard Dog Club of America,
Hey it's me Stacie! I wrote you a few years ago, but I don't know if you
remember. German Shepard's are my favorite kind of dogs! I have a stuffed
toy of a German Shepard, a magnet, a folder, a sculpture, and return address
labels. But the one thing I absolutely want that I don't have is a German
Shepard.  I have a game that is called Nitendogs, and I bought a German
Shepard puppy on it. that's the closest I ever got to having a German
Shepard. The sad part is I never touched a real one.
     My favorite color German Shepard's is the black/gold ones, and the
black ones. I am dieing to get more information about German Shepard's, so I
will know how to care for one, when I get one someday....which won't be in
awhile, cause I'm only 14, and my parents won't let me have a German
Shepard....I only have two cats and that's all.  My sister, who is 13, wants
a Dalmatian.  We are thinking about breeding the two, cause we want to make
a Germatian.
thanks for taking the time, and reading this!

Sincerely,
Stacie.