[ SHOWGSD-L ] lawsuits, petitions, elections, meetings,

  • From: lindabankhead@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (the list)
  • Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 21:33:55 +0000

I am getting confused and admittedly I do not read the list all the time, let
alone every single post.  There is so much "stuff" going on, I can't decipher
the outcomes from actions. Let alone agenda's from truth or here say.
Are the following correct?   If so, questions: If not factual, correct my
thinking!

Margy has filed a law suit. The BOD, and more specifically the Executive
Committee. Lew, Gary, Bill, Carmen are charged with various allegations. This
is the key driver as it relates to posts.

A group of members have filed a petition against the Executive Committee.  How
does this play into the mess?

We are having an annual meeting, but the printing company did make a huge
mistake and missed mailing the 90 day notification requirement by 2 days.

Due to the charges, we have no Executive Committee such as  President, VP,
Treasurer to hold the Annual Meeting and perform duties.  Who then will
conduct?

Some Canadians have voted.  The ballot company has made numerous errors.  We
are proceeding with the election and "it is what it is".

Various notifications had incorrect information on how to handle the ballots in
the US.

The BOD is flying Bart out to New York to view counting of the ballots.  Bart
is a very nice ethical guy, but I am not sure why this step is necessary?  The
ballot company results are audited by another firm to verify the accuracy,
correct? What is the purpose in doing this?

Is there any chance that the election will be held again?  What would cause
this action?

These questions may seem silly, but I am trying to get clear concise facts
among a good number of issues. I am not looking for finger pointing, I am
asking how these pieces effect our election, our budget, our annual meeting,
and our club.

Clear concise answers, not opinions, are appreciated. Lindab