[ SHOWGSD-L ] latest news about the Bassets that were seized.....

  • From: "pmick12" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 17:51:10 -0500

this is the latest on the Bassets that were seized
in Philadelphia........

From: Julian Prager <PennFedLaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [doglegislation] Murder Hollow Code Violation Hearing
Date: Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 5:39 PM

The two noise code violation complaints that were filed against Wendy
Willard by the PSPCA and issued by the City of Philadelphia, Department of
Health, alleging animal noise and excessive animal sounds, under sections
10-105(4) and 10-403(6) of the Philadelphia Code, respectively, were
dismissed at an administrative hearing today.  This victory was the first
action on the case.  These were the original charges that lead to PSPCA to
want entry to her property.

We still are unable find out the whereabouts or condition of the hounds that
were seized by the PSPCA and probably won't until the hearing on the cruelty
charges in January.  This is still a complex case and we are spending about
$10,000 a month to get this prepared.  If any of you know groups that might
want to support this other than our current supporters (NAIA, Master's of
Foxhounds, Pennsylvania Federation of Dog Clubs, National Beagle Club,
National Basset Club, U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance), please let us know because
we need to keep the money coming in to take this to a successful conclusion.

A full win on this will overturn the mandatory spay neuter laws for anyone
having over 4 dogs in Philadelphia and eliminate the arbitrary limit laws
there.  This would establish a precedent based on constitutional grounds and
will be useful in fighting these laws in jurisdictions  across the country.

I will keep you posted as the case progresses.

Permission granted to crosspost.

Julian Prager
NAIA Legislative Coordinator
PFDC Legislative Chair