[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: late entries

  • From: BAERENTATZE312@xxxxxxx
  • To: gailbauman1@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 23:41:43 EST

In a message dated 2/21/10 10:17:13 PM, gailbauman1@xxxxxxx writes:

> Has there never been some type of penalty applied for late entries?
> Wonder if that would make people want to get them in on time.....

Gail,
There IS a penalty, AT THE ALL BREED SHOWSâ?¦   you miss closing YOU DON'T
SHOW PERIOD!
A big problem in our breed is some people have this sense of entitlement -
that we need their entries, therefore, they can enter at their own
convenience.   I have a BIG problem with this, especially when most people get
their
entries in on time.   How is it fair for people who play by the rules and
spend big bucks on overnite service to get their entries on time and yet those
ENTITLED people can call in their entries 5 or 6 days later and eventually
pay you what they owe at the show.
The only cure for this is for ALL clubs to absolutely NOT take entries
after closing.   Post that in your premium lists and stick to it.   These
people
of entitlement have us well trained because of the financial effect.   But
if all clubs did exactly what the all breed shows do regarding closing the
training would be reversed.
Just my thoughts, and thank you Sally for bringing up this subject.   It
needs to be addressed.
Regards,
Pat