[ SHOWGSD-L ] last shows

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 16:24:03 EDT

In a message dated 5/30/11 9:17:09 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
sallyhh31@xxxxxxx writes:
The  shows over the weekend were a disgrace to the GSD. At least yesterday
was. I  went out to the park yesterday to watch and what I saw almost made
me cry.  There was about maybe 10 people there a few dogs there and only one
gsd. What  is happening to GSD dog shows ?????

I was just in Oklahoma City, and there were plenty of people and lots  of
great dogs.

It is a function of location, judge, timing, and costs.  There  certainly
are enough people and plenty of dogs.

But, it has become clear that if there is no valid reason to enter a  show,
we are not going to do so. I know we have three shows coming up in
California in Riverside. I have spoken to a number of people who are going to
enter, but none were going to enter all three shows.  The reasons varied,  but
mostly it is that we are no longer willing just to go to a show.

It has to have an attraction. Be it the right judge, the right location, or
 maybe even the right day.

As was said: "Build it and they will come".  But, had Noah built a  canoe,
not many would have shown up.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together