[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: kennels?-Priefert

  • From: ANN SCHULTZ <edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: GrnRam415@xxxxxxx, Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, rdg718@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 04:32:19 -0700 (PDT)

Priefert just got done replacing 5 of mine. One dog got heg lef through the
gate. $150 to sew it up.  The handlers have rusted and won't open the gate and
dogs jumping at the ends have also broken the welds and got their feet caught.
The new ones I just received seem to be much improved. They did back them up
also. Ann
GrnRam415@xxxxxxx wrote:  I also have the Priefert dog runs. I got 5, 10X20
runs a couple years ago.
They are awesome. Very sturdy and the dogs cannot damage the wire. They do
have privacy panels you can put between the runs to prevent fence fighting but
they are a pain to install and the bolts will loosen and fall off with active
dogs who slam against them. Looking for a better option on that myself. Mine
don't fence fight so no worries about teeth. But, they do leap and bounce
off the panels when they play.

For flooring, I have stall mats in the back under the misters and pea gravel
in the front. I use shavings on that as a potty area to absorb moisture. The
Priefert runs are expensive but are powder coated and will last forever.
And, you can take them with you if you move. I had mine shipped directly from
Priefert. They will give you a discount if you buy enough and ask them and
promise to promote them :-)

In a message dated 8/9/2006 4:27:51 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx writes:
The best today, IMO are Priefert dog pens (if you have a Cabellas, they have
them), or they can ship, and Tractor Supply carries something similar
(though not as good IMO).

here's the link; _http://www.priefert.com/dynamic/default.php_
(http://www.priefert.com/dynamic/default.php)

(Get ready for sticker shock!)

Laura Thomas
http://www.treasureranchgsds.com/

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

Ann
www.edangsd.com
home of #1 2005 Major producing Dam, I've Got It All of Edan ROM
Breeder/owner of 58 Champions and 16 Register of Merit
I've Got Ch Mechanical Bull-Can Sel #4 Ch MeMe puppies