[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: kennel names

  • From: "billie" <arelee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx>, "thelist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 07:52:01 -0700

Hi Shelia,

Kennel names can be interesting, often mispronounced and usually have no
special meaning except to the person who chose that name. So it seems you
are right "on track" ;-0!!

My husband and I fretted over a kennel name for a while before we came up
with one that we both liked. The problem with it is people often
mispronounce it.

Often you go through dozens of possibilities, trying many combinations
before you get one that "fits".
We decided on spelling out his initials R L E and established our kennel
name as Arelee in 1967. However most people seem to pronounce it Are Lee
rather than AR EL EE.

Beryl Eshom
Arelee GSD
Davis, CA