[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: just 10 average people

  • From: Grace Eaton <zgrace_grace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 09:31:15 -0700 (PDT)

Ooooh, I'm one of the five...and I've had my ( many ) moments of questioning
throught the two years I've been on this list and even recently...Is it worth
it? I'm still here!
  Grace Eaton
Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx wrote:
  on thursday, september 7, 2006, 10 hypothetical people make the decision to
get into the "sport" of showing german shepherd dogs. they've asked their
questions and done their looking and here they are, ready to start. just 10
average people.
within one year:

1 will leave due to the natural attrition involved in all things.
2 will leave because the expense is higher then they thought it would be and
they can't afford it.
2 will leave because their dogs haven't "won" anything and these people
aren't patient or tenacious enough to stick it out long-term.

5 down, 5 to go. the 5 remaining all join the "list" because they believe it
will be a means of making friends, learning about the gsd; generally, a venue
in which they will become part of a group with a common interest: the
breeding, showing, betterment of and love of the german shepherd dog.

of those 5, do some of you really think that their expectations are even
remotely being met when much of what they see is mean-spirited, rumor-filled,
sometimes heartless infighting, verbal sniping and general disrespect? let's
say
1 of the 5 is willing to look past it all and sticks it out.

where is the future of the breed when 9 out of 10 newcomers might be
inadvertantly turned away from what can be an absolutely incredible and
lifelong
experience... our dogs?

we all have something to offer - let's stop diminishing everything.
if you have the time, think about it. jmo
diane
Diane Strasser
Silstra German Shepherds
"In dog years I'm dead." - Author unknown

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

            Grace Eaton
  Sirius German Shepherds
  zgrace_grace@xxxxxxxxx