[ SHOWGSD-L ] junior showmanship - the Logic or lack thereof

  • From: "Doc Zoe" <wynsum@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 17:10:55 -0500
On 1 Apr 2008, at 16:59, Rebecca Little wrote:

Must be the several puggles I have seen showing at obedience

<REPLY>

I have seen many AKC registered dogs that really do not look like they are pure
breds, but they
ahve those REIGSTRATIONS

I have seen them in conFORMation when I stewart as well as my obedience ring
when I judge.

Funny story about a dog.  I was stewarting in the ring one day and I was
calling TIBETAN
terriors into the ring.  This woman walks in with a WHITE lasa and places him
on the table.
I preceeed to tell her that Lasas will be shown in the afternoon. Her reply was
that it was AKC
registered Tibetan Terrier.

The judge come over, and a very itneresting morning ensued.

Seems she bought her dog at a pet shop and someone must have mixed up the
papers because
she had a Lasa not a Tibetan terrier. So, you can see dogs that are NOT really
good
representations and dogs, given wrong papers, but the AKC is a PURE BRED
registry.

I am not saying that the rule forbidding juniors to show a breed that is NOT
being shown that day
at an all breed should not be changed. But maybe these SPECIALTY shows need to
be
encourage to include JUNIORS!

I merely tried to explain the LOGIC or as I further stated, lack thereof (see
subject line).

I will go back into LURK mode