[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: junior showmanship

  • From: "Rebecca Little" <pbgs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "The List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 11:59:12 -0400

Michael,
I agree about shows not interfearing with school, as a matter of fact the
only reason she is allowed to go to this show is that she is on spring
break. School is more important for her future. I also agree about the
GPA...she can't go to any shows if her grades are not high enough. Showing
is a privilege not a right.
I also wonder about the obdedience section of the show i am betting that
there are GSD's entered there! I just do not think its fair to discriminate
like they are. It should not matter what she shows as long as its a
recognised breed.

Would you consider writing AKC to give them your two cents?? I think if
enough people feel the same way they may change their silly rule. I would be
VERY appreciative of any efforts for the kids.
Rebecca Little
Peakes Brook German Shepherds
http://sites.centralpets.com/mammals/peakesbrookgsd/index.html