[ SHOWGSD-L ] judges education/or for anyone who wants to learn

  • From: <almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <CHGermanShepherdShowDogsList@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 10:23:35 -0500

As i sit here studying other breeds to judge, i sit and wish that our own GSDCA
website offered more for those studying our breed. Sure it offers the standard
and a few other things but something that would be an awesome tool on the same
page as our standard would be an interactive quiz with pictures diagrams or
illustrations. Really touching  questions in all areas to give the all arounder
judges or anyone for that matter a true understanding of our breed.
We could even include a video clip of our loose lead temperament evaluation and
a judge examining a GSD and the dog going around the ring.
Some judges really have no clue, and as i study for my next breed i wish i had
this as a tool for learning with everything else i am doing. I am trying to
give 100% to learning the other breeds inside and out rather than just use it
as a stepping stone for the entire group. I have been to their Nationals and
seminars and done the ringside mentoring, but i would love to have this tool to
fall back on and i think our club could be an innovator in a new type of
education. Of course it doesn't replace the judges seminars at the Nationals
and the hands on workshops and observing of our best at the National, but it
could work right along side with it and be used as a refresher.
I feel our breed could only benefit from this. (Maybe there are already other
breeds doing this, i don't know as i haven't run across it yet)
I am sure with all the website gurus out there in the PC someone could turn
this idea into a great thing for our website.

Amy Safdir
Almanya Shepherds
www.almanyagsd.com