[ SHOWGSD-L ] it's only a week........

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 17:47:39 -0500

shared by Peggy
 PLEASE CROSSPOST this to every list you're on where crossposting is
acceptable. It is important to spread the word!
http://www.chako.org/week.html

What if they didn't exist? week

January 1-7, 2006

CALLING ALL OWNERS OF THE FOLLOWING BREEDS: Rottweilers, German
Shepherds, Doberman Pinschers, Boxers, Chow Chows, American Pit Bull
Terriers, American Staffordshire Terriers, Staffordshire Bull Terriers,
Bull Terriers, American Bulldogs, Akitas, Siberian Huskies, and Chinese
Shar-Peis.

California will ring in the New Year with Breed Specific Legislation
unless our referendum effort succeeds. We are asking everyone to CEASE
ALL DOG ACTIVITIES from January 1 through January 7, 2006. This NO BSL
boycott will end Midnight, January 8, 2006 (Sunday). Breed Specific
Legislation threatens all the aforementioned breeds, and unfortunately,
breed specific legislation is sweeping the nation. Many counties
throughout the U.S. have outright bans on various breeds, and the list
of breeds continually expands. We invite dog owners all over the United
States to participate, but we especially urge California dog owners to
be involved and make a statement about the new CA law!

What if all the politicians and misguided citizens who support BSL got
their wish? No more dogs of those so-called "potentially dangerous"
breeds. What would it be like?

All show dogs, working dogs, therapy dogs, search and rescue dogs, pet
dogs, etc... PLEASE participate.

During the week of January 1-7, 2006....

DO NOT:

Shop at pet stores

Go to dog shows

Go to matches, trials, or obedience/training classes

Participate in searches (unless a child's life is in danger)

Engage in scheduled therapy visits

Visit a vet (unless an emergency)

with any dog that's of a breed listed above. This is ONE week only! You
can do it! Make a statement! Show California just what it would be like
without our dogs! It might be hard to forego all those things for a
week, but think how much harder it will be if our dogs don't exist at
all. Eventually, little by little, politicians are trying to legislate
breeds out of existence. Let's show them just how much of an impact our
dogs make.

DO:

Play with your dogs at home

Stock up on good toys and treats for them

Give them extra special loving.
-Dawn-
http://www.chako.org <http://www.chako.org/>
Become a Member!