[ SHOWGSD-L ] ....its Thursday....do you know where the GSDs are??

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 10:34:01 -0800 (PST)

....Thursday. I made it through "hump" day without any major crisis. I should
have known that the proverbial "Sword Of Damiclese" was going to fall. I feel
like Curly in a "Three Stooges" flick as he looks skyward to see a large
meringue pie hurtling toward his face.
My computer sits silently all evening (except for those nights when the
"visitors" turn it off and on by means of saying hello) collecting emails from
every rescue group known to mankind. By the time I hesitantly sit myself down
to stare at the screen somewhere around 6am, my in box is ready to regurgitate
its contents all over my desk.
Georgia is drowning in German Shepherds. This does NOT mean that there are not
a dearth of GSDs facing uncertain futures in EVERY state as I write this; but
today, Georgia has received the dubious honor.
Gwinnett County has four in crisis....one, Giga, I have already written about.
Two more are high HW positive (usually a death sentence as few Rescues have the
resources or man power to deal with this situation), another one year old just
arrived and is being evaluated today. Through networking,  were fortunate
enough to help Carla find another Rescue to commit to Eva (the GSD who had a
litter of 10 in January) and PERHAPS Giga...which leaves the two HW dogs to
whoknowswhat fate.
Rescues in the area are begging for whatever connections LHSH might be able to
pull out of our hat...Any ideas from THIS venue would be most appreciated! If
you can open your heart and home to a needy GSD, please contact an LHSH Board
Member.

LHSH has raised more than 1,000$ for the Monty Fund. This is for the GSD who
was hit by a train in NJ and is in Recovery with Faiths' Hope Rescue. We were
happy to be able to help! Monty is receiving therapy and making strides. He is
said to be a lovebug!

 As you all know, Sally (the GSD who was frozen to the road) was found to be in
much worse shape than first realized. She was found to be full of cancer and it
was decided by Pat and the vets at Brady's Run that it was in her best interest
to let her go. While we will never know what it might have been to have seen
her sunbathing at Pats, we are comforted by the fact that she had the wonderful
ride home with Joe and enjoyed the time she DID have in Pats company. She left
this world cradled in Pat's loving arms, knowing perhaps for the first time,
that she WAS loved.

Please remember the LHSH Rainbow Bridge Project! If you have a beloved
companion who crossed over that you would like remembered, send along a wallet
sized photo and a donation....we will attach the picture to The Bridge to be
displayed at the National in 09.
We have already received requests for several dogs to be memorialized in this
manner and space IS limited! The Bridge is an actual 6ft long Bridge painted in
Rainbow Hues with a grassy path leading everyone over!

It is through the dedication of the people on this list and other GSD
enthusiasts around the country that we are able to continue helping those who
cannot help themselves, and the Rescues that devote their lives to saving
them!!!

 Thank you just doesn't quite cut it....

The Team from Last Hope, Safe Haven Inc.

Dawn Restuccia, Pres.
Last Hope, Safe Haven Inc.
Lasthopesafehaven.com
Donations may be made to: