[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: it was rat poison........ Re: a few pet deaths ? B.S.

  • From: Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx
  • To: sally@xxxxxxxxxxx, gsdbeatingcleats01@xxxxxxx, Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, ssthunderpony@xxxxxxxxx, pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 11:38:54 EDT

I think the key will be finding out who actually knew the rat
poisen had been sprayed on the food?   Even if it was  approved
for use in Canada, I find it hard to believe that spraying it on a
food source is one of the approved uses!  Hopefully all pet food
manufacturers are going to take notice and do some thorough
checking before using a supplier from now on.

It was interesting that one reporter kept asking if they had
ruled out deliberate contamination - he didn't get an answer.

The "few" deaths quoted are only the ones that are confirmed
so far - obviously the number will grow over the next week or
two.  Sadly, many of the lost pets were buried or cremated
before the recall came out. I really hope they can get some
compensation (not that ANYTHING can compensate the loss
of a beloved companion!).

Janice

In a message dated 3/24/2007 5:36:02 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
sally@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
The US  did not import the wheat- Canada did - made the dog food for their
clients and  then shipped it in

Sally
www.embroiderybysally.com

Janice  Buchanan
Wasatch-Gold German Shepherds
_http://wasatchgold.brinkster.net/_ (http://wasatchgold.brinkster.net/)

"If  our dogs were smarter, they could tell us what they were
thinking. If we  were smarter, they wouldn't need to."