[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: interviews and videos

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx, lindabankhead@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 10:36:30 EDT

In a message dated 10/25/2009 7:18:31 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
Bokenkampgsd1 writes:

In a message dated 10/25/2009 9:14:18 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
ELG440@xxxxxxx writes:

I  wanted to do this ten years ago, but it was taken over by someone  else,

and never done.  With video cameras so easy now, we  should be able to
preserve these giants for the future  generations.   I was going to do  it
at my
expense, and  had gotten permission from Bob Penny and a couple of  others.

Now might be time for someone else to take it  on.

That is a good idea Evan...the interview could be published  in the REVIEW,
the video could be added to the club library and available as  educational
video's in the archives.  Excellent idea, perhaps something  the board
should discuss.

My idea was to travel to those I could not do at the  National. I planned
on the Fords, Cappy and Gloria, The Rinkes, Ernie Loeb, Bob  Penny, Joan Fox,
Barbara Amidon, Jimmy Moses, and about five others. When it was  taken
over, the list didn't make sense to me, and so I withdrew.

My idea was to meet, set up two video cameras, and  just have a
conversation as I would normally with them. Then to edit it to about  20
minutes.

With the number of people now involved, it might be  easier.  I found as
soon as a committee started to work on it, it died a  natural death.  I should
have just done it, and not mentioned it until it  was done.

Now, I have lost my desire to do it.  I think  when Ernie, Bob and Joan
died, I realized the chance was gone for so much of our  history.  The person
who was going to take it over, has died as  well.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/