[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: interesting

  • From: "Jane Kerner" <jkerner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Sally" <sally@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "The List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 14:57:06 -0600

OK !
Sally offers some possible reasons why we need handlers.
( Our age and physical condition.)
Many of us are too old and/or clumsy to take our own dogs in the ring,
specialty or all breed.
If our handler or friend does not go to the show, we stay home.

We need a handler, and besides our dogs usually clunk around next to us when we
handle them ourselves.
(Perhaps the owner's place is outside the ring for purposes of "owner
recognition".)

I, for one, fall under the clumsy classification.
=;-)

I do get exasperated when my handler asks me ringside, "Do you think you can
make it down to the other end of the ring faster?"

(Maybe that's  because he has heard my "poor old widow" story too often when we
talk about money. =;-)

I love most handlers.  They work hard, tolerate nervous excitable clients, and
it's a free country.
They get to earn what the market will bear.

And in the best of all worlds, handlers can be noble, helpful, informative,
hard working, and finally, they can become your friend.

This is indeed a good thing.

It is just that the market is getting smaller.

What to do, I wonder?

Jane Kerner