[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: interesting

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 21:39:33 -0500

I didn't mean to say that you were...but I, too, have been at shows
where the entry is barely worth watching...and, as I said, not just in
Shepherds.  Last summer I was watching a huge entry of Cavaliers at a
show........and mind, I've bred them since before AKC
recognition...........and I fell asleep.  I will grant you that I can
sleep anywhere, but this was the first and only time I've ever fallen
asleep at a dog show, especially when watching a breed that should have
been of been of compelling interest.  There were over 50 being
shown...and I think I'd have not minded owning 3, maybe 4 of them.  One
of the all breed handlers came by and bent down and spoke into my ear,
thereby nearly causing me to have a heart attack.........he thought it
was the funniest thing he'd ever seen, a breeder falling asleep watching
her breed!
    I have seen some GSD entries, altho I have to say, not big entries,
where I could have fallen asleep, too...now you know, that would never
happen if there were good dogs in the ring, Lee!
       I'm sure we can both tell stories about judges who put the best
last...we've both seen it happen enough...........
Peggy