[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: influenza vaccine

  • From: "Jodi Distilli" <djdistilli@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 14:14:58 -0400

No, I have no intention of getting the vaccine.  Thought never entered my
mind.

It's tuff to say "talk to your doctor" because I think basically they want
everyone to get it.

It's tuff to say "go to CDC website" and read up on it, because I'm afraid
data will be sugar coated.

It was recommended that I vaccinate my 14-year-old with Gardasil. I said no
way. Nurse says why. I said because I'm not educated on it; never even heard
of it until you just said something, will talk to my pediatrician. She says
this, I say that, and we go round and round.  Sorry, still not doing it.
When I got home I briefly read up on it, and, whew, still not doing it.  I
hate to jump on the bandwagon/be a guinea pig.

I am more afraid to be vaccinated than to not be vaccinated.  There again we
don't have any risk factors in my family, such as asthma, if asthma is
indeed a risk factor for a more severe or dangerous course if you were to
contract influenza.

I'll tell ya, I like to go to yahoo answers and poke around there to see
what people are thinking about all issues.  Of course, you get the kooks in
there, and their info is valuable for a good laugh only.  Go to yahoo, click
on Answers on the left hand side. Put your question in the search box. With
an issue like this, you might want to note how old the question is, which is
written on the bottom of the links that you would click on.  You don't want
to know what people felt 4 years ago about flu vaccine.

Jodi