[ SHOWGSD-L ] infiltrate and educate

  • From: ALL4MORIAH@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 12:05:20 EST

I'm with Val,

I still don't think the Rep. acted appropriately , but perhaps she was just
pushed to far.

I do think it is not for the good of the cause , for people that weren't
there to write to AKC.

Like our dog's , we get pretty protective towards our own. If letters are
written they must be done with a concerned tone in them and with facts. Not
belligerence and  out of hearsay.

As far as blaming the President goes...He/She has nothing to do with it.  His
duty is to call meetings to order. He can't even vote unless to break a tie.
The Show Chairman is in Charge and their committees make the rules and
enforce  them.

I've had GSD for over 38 years. I also handled all breeds for 20 years. Toy
people are noted to be the nastiest to each other. GSD people may not like
each  other but when One is in need they will step up to the plate.
   However they are also noted as being the rudest most  disrespectful people
at a dog show.
I've seen it from working on committees such as Parking, Building and
grounds, Stewards, Grooming areas
Etc.  Now I'm not saying that ALL GSD people are like that, I've met  and
know a lot of VERY nice and considerate people in the GSD world.
   This list is a good example. You may not agree with my  opinions but when
I asked for help on anal glands
problems. I can't count how many reply's I got and appreciated them ALL.
   It is Great to be able to agree to disagree without hate.
Remember this is a GREAT SPORT! Let's not let and out of control Rep. or a
few exhibitors ruin it for all of us.     Judi