[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: inclusion, not exclusion...

  • From: Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx
  • To: pruett@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 16:16:18 EDT

In a message dated 8/12/2006 1:41:24 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
pruett@xxxxxxxxx writes:
"I agree - there was no need for the Review discussion to be  secret.  We =
shouldn't have a club where some are privy to  information and some are not =
unless the discussion is personal in nature  and can affect someone's =
reputation - like an ethics complaint, for  example.  This was simply a =
selection process where there was more  than one qualified candidate for =
the job and the membership deserved to  hear the board's deliberations.  =
Had that happened, we wouldn't be  arguing about what was said when or who =
voted how because there would be  no confusion over what was secret and =
what  wasn't."

JMO...

Laurie

Actually, if the closed session included a discussion of the  applicants,
and information provided on their applications, the  Board did need to
have a closed session.  Privacy laws protect information  submitted
on an application from being released publicly without the person's
consent.

I'm not sure that there isn't a violation of those laws by one or  more
board members giving out Susan's request to continue showing.
It really isn't unusual for an application for a job or contract to  request
having a requirement waived - so I don't see anything wrong if that
happened.  However, the fact that the request has been made  public,
and has probably caused her a lot of stress from the results of  that
disclosure, is something the Board should be very concerned about!

Same thing for any letter Gail may have submitted to the Board
regarding the next Editor.  As a private correspondence, it  probably
should have been kept confidential.

Any member of the board who passed this information to those
who posted it on the list, should have used better judgement on
who they confided in!

JMO,

Janice