[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: in the news

  • From: "pmick12" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <utter227@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Doc Zoe" <wynsum@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 17:14:33 -0500

it most likely was NOT local, as the Today Show was booked to advertise the
program (Pedigree Dogs Exposed) that airs tonite on BBCAmerica.

Naturally, the AKC didn't make a strong statement...the organization never
really does anything to protect its constituency...only its own employees.
And that's a fact!

After years of telling people to get up and do something and being met by no
response, I have about given up.  Stormy has taken on the mantle of letting
the GSD fancy know...and still, most people just gloss over it and say "not
me."  Yeah, right.

I'm tired of saying that it is up to us...the breeders and exhibitors of
purebred dogs.  When it comes to your state, county, province, town, or
whatever, maybe then you'll believe me...but it will be too late.
   Just as the GSD fancy in the UK thought it would not come to them.  Now
they will make up no champions in 2010...won't even have a chance to.  And
there's no guarantee that situation will change..........  oh, excuse me, I
know most people on this list could care less about what happens anywhere
but in their own arena..
The writing is more than on the wall...it's staring us all in the face and
what are we doing about it?

Peggy