[ SHOWGSD-L ] in Simitian's district, are you? Read this....

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd list <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 23:16:27 -0400

I just received this from another list.  Please send to anyone you know in
Senator Simitian's district.  This is the second senator taking this
approach that I'm aware of -- don't miss this opportunity.  Obviously,
they've gotten enough constituent input to recognize this is a very divided
issue.  We need to use this to our benefit.

Keep up the good work!  I feel like a *&^%$ cheerleader!

Peggy

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

June 12, 2007

For More Information, Contact:

Hema Sareen Mohan at (650) 688-6384

SIMITIAN TO HOLD PUBLIC FORUM ON 'CALIFORNIA HEALTHY
PETS ACT'

SACRAMENTO - State Senator Joe Simitian (D-Palo Alto)
announced today that he will hold a public forum in
Palo Alto on Saturday, June 23 to discuss
Assemblymember Lloyd Levine's AB 1634, known as the
California Healthy Pets Act, which would prohibit any
person from owning a cat or dog over the age of four
months that has not been spayed or neutered, unless
that person has a permit that allows them to own an
unaltered cat or dog.

"A lot of folks in my district have reached out to my
office about AB 1634," said Simitian. "I want to give
my constituents a forum where they can share their
perspectives with me."

Simitian is a member of the Senate Business,
Professions and Economic Development Committee, which
is expected to hear the bill sometime in the next few
weeks.

Simitian will first hear invited speakers' prepared
remarks in support of and opposition to the bill. The
floor will then be opened to public comments, where
each speaker will have up to two minutes to present.

Simitian will host his forum as follows:

Saturday, June 23, 2007
10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Palo Alto City Hall Council Chambers
250 Hamilton Avenue

Palo Alto

To RSVP or for further information, call Simitian's
Palo Alto district office at (650) 688-6384 or Santa
Cruz district office at (831) 425-0401 or visit
www.senatorsimitian .com.

Per the policy of the City of Palo Alto, only service
animals are allowed inside City Hall.