[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: important question - need input!

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 13:36:28 -0500

Yes indeed ---- been there, done that!    We have a man locally who made a
fantastic one of
WOW it has been so long ago!   If my feeble brain can get it together --
bronze of that Manhattan (sp)
son that was out of a Canadian bitch that one of our folks here in BR had
purchased, geeesh, I just
can't off hand remember the name of the dog or the folks but it'll all come
to me later, I'm sure.
Anyway ---- what we did was to have him do up some copies etc. and our
GSDCBR had them
as trophies for the winners in the shows following his completion of same.
Also, I had a friend in
Penna. who was a really neat "stained glass" artist.  One year I had her do
a splendid head study as
a trophy for our shows.           Speaking of such --- seriously, we always
had different kinds of them
and the most interesting was one year I'd ordered those big smoked knuckle
bones.  Well, at the
time, I thought that it is the DOG who has REALLY done the winning, so the
trophy should be one
that the DOG would enjoy; different.     Also one year a trophy I found that
went over really big was
those stainless steel small buckets we'd have for the crates etc. for
travel.    Yikes, I miss it so!
Just to have this stuff to give me the good memories is so wonderful to be
with you people even
tho it is only just to cshare.   Love ya'll,       Norma no L