[ SHOWGSD-L ] important question - need input!

  • From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 13:47:40 EDT

i know that a number of us love to collect all things german shepherd.
however, to get a really GOOD sculpture of a gsd in motion is either next to
impossible or the price is prohibitive for the majority of us.
i have been fortunate enough to become acquainted with a phenomenal sculptor
who specializes in animal recreations for various museums, including the
museum of natural history in NY and equally impressive collections in san
francisco, los angeles and chicago.   i asked him if he could sculpt a gsd in
motion
and make a mold so that each statue could be cold cast and sold at a reasonable
price.  he was fascinated by the idea and told me that, years ago, he had done
a gsd just because there was something "unique" about the dog's gait.

i may have him do this for me regardless but was curious as to how many
people might be inclined to purchase such an item if it were affordable (under
$100).
diane
Diane Strasser
Silstra German Shepherds
"In dog years I'm dead." - Author unknown

<BR><BR>**************************************<BR> Get a sneak peek of the
all-new AOL at
http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour</HTML>