[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: if it don't have that BIG dog....

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jessica MacMillan" <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <elg440@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 20:56:10 -0700

Thanks Jessica.
SOOOOoooooooo  it appears that the Mastiff site was pretty 'central'  to the
Country this year.
Is that why they had a large entry........or do you think it was judges, a
'good crop' of dogs...<G> etc.?
When you say "rotate"........How far East or West or North or South do they
go.....and when and if they
go to a far Coast....do they still get the "Other"  Coast's exhibitors driving
across the Country?    Are
they brought in by handlers or owners?
You are telling us the dogs cannot be flown most of the time......so do you all
STILL drive from one
far Coast to the other???    Or do you rotate somewhat 'central'  to each side?
I'm sure Judges and the economy affect Nationals like everything else.....but
for right now I am just
really curious about these Giant Breeds and their National locations since
Nancy mentioned they had
a big entry this year.    Was it easier driving than some years?     WHEN do
more fly....is it when there
are main hubs......or is it when it is further on one specific Coast?
Do you also have several other venues like we do with Herding, Agility,  Obed.
/ Rally, etc.?   In other
words do you also require the 'gynormous'  facilites with climate control
buildings that we do?
Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com