[ SHOWGSD-L ] iPod's and dogs

  • From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 14:01:50 -0500

Ok, this is totally dog related.? Being a product of the 60's/70's, having been
married to a musician and having dabbled in competition Ballroom dance, music
has always been a huge part of my life.? Oh, I also ran some relays where music
keeps you going.? Anyway, my dogs are all used to blaring music when I am
working around the house.? I just didn't realize how much they like it.
My Dad got me an iPod 2 yrs ago.? I loaded my CD's and enjoyed the music on the
way to shows.? This Christmas, I got a speaker system and a GC for iTunes.? Oh,
Boy!? Well, my last two litters are named after songs, as is my daughter,
Amanda (Mandy).? I got to see Barry Manilow?perform in Vegas and even got to
dance with him a bit during Copa Cabana.? I'm a rock and roll girl but I will
never forget that show.? I really did name my daughter after the song
"Mandy."?? I went nuts loading all the pups names and all the songs that I grew
up with made me choose Amanda.? Now I get to listen to my new collection while
doing dog chores.? The dogs are loving it.? We dance and sing and play.? It
makes chores so much fun.? The favorite at the moment is Eric Clapton's Layla.?
I kept Layla and used to sing it to her all the time but it sounds much better
with just Eric, LOL!?

So, I have an idea.? Since the dogs seem so upbeat and happy when the music is
on and Mom is acting like an idiot, how about ear buds and mini iPods for
dogs?? Ok, they might have to be in microchip form.? But, when the dogs have to
go around and around and around, like runners, it could keep them motivated.??

Ok, just playing here.? But it really is interesting how much the dogs enjoy it
as much as I.??

Laura Thomas

P.S.? Next big music thing is the Garth Brooks concert in?Los Angeles.? We got
tix for 2 shows.? Now I need to start naming?pups after his songs :-)???
http://webmail.aol.com