[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: hunte membership/ ideas

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: romance_german_shepherds@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 09:46:58 EST

In a message dated 1/30/2007 8:07:08 A.M. Central Standard Time,
romance_german_shepherds@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
What is the future for the club, that has allowed evil to corrupt  it through
money and secrecy?
I have a very bleak image in my  head right now.
What to do about it NOW!.... We can't change the past  no matter how recent.
We need a plan of action and we need that plan  ASAP! the sooner we have a
do-able plan that the majority can  participate in, the sooner we can stop
the evil with in our midst  from progressing further.

Allow me to tell you what I have done.   Last evening  I sent the following
letter to the board.  I confirmed with Dick  Whalen on the bylaws and was
reassured that the club was acting against  its own bylaw.  They are answerable
the membership.   I  suggest for anyone who feels strongly about this issue,
advise your board  and DO follow that up by advising the AKC.  Someone needs to
start  setting things right.  This is our club, and our job to sort it out.

To.   The President, Lew Bunch
        German Shepherd Dog Club  of America
Fm.  Molly Snider

This vote is an illegal action and not in compliance with the express
requirements of the bylaws, and therefore should be invalidated in my  opinion.

In quoting the earlier post from Dick Whalen with his  permission """ See
Article III, Section 9.
"Minutes of the  Meetings.  The proceedings of these meetings (annual,
special, regular) shall be recorded, and the Minutes Published in the  GSDCA
Review.
Such minutes shall include the yeas and nays of  all votes"

This means that the names of all board members and their  vote (yea or nay)
is to be recorded FOR ALL VOTES, and published  in the Review.

As the author of this bylaw change, I can  tell you that the purpose was to
prevent the situation where  board members could hide behind the anonymity of

Secret  Ballots.
Dick Whalen"""  unquote

I so demand that the vote be re done to conform to the bylaws of the  club
with all votes recorded in the minutes of the club.

Unless this action is immediately renounced, I will send a complaint  to the
AKC as the Club
is acting against its Bylaws.

Without satisfaction,  tomorrow I intend to send this content by  certified
mail to the AKC of this illegal action and a hard copy to our  president.
Awaiting your  response.