[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: hub airports

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sharlen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 23:39:17 -0800

From: "Sharon Allbright" <sharlen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Here is a question I don't think I have seen yet.  How far do people drive
> from their home to get to their own hub airport to fly to a hub airport
> where the show is going to be held?
> I am sure we don't all live at a hub airport.> Sharon Allbright

                   ***********************************
Maybe there is some misunderstanding about main hub airports.
Every AIRLINE  has a main hub airport that almost EVERY flight out of every
airport
goes to,  and then connects with a different flight or airline for that
particular
airline.

I might want to go to Florida from Nevada........using  Northwest Airlines....I
would
HAVE to go to Minneapolis St. Paul to get there on a connecting flight.
With one like Delta......to get to Texas from California you might have to go
through
their main hub which is Atlanta....connect a different flight or Airline and
THEN back
to Texas......or through Salt Lake City and connect, even if you wanted to go
from
California to Seattle.   I believe to get a dog from N.  Calif. to S. Calif. on
Delta,
you
have to go to Salt Lake City first and connect.   For a while it was Atlanta!
With Continental you go through Houston and connect another flight.
With United you go through Chicago or Denver and connect another flight.
American.......Dallas  Ft. Worth.......even if you are going to Alaska
( all this is "in general" of course.........there are some exceptions )

If we used any of the  seven main hubs for the National that one of the dog
friendly Airlines used.....it would be direct flights from all over the country
and
almost all Airports.    Huge busy INTERNATIONAL airports are not necessarily
main
hubs.  We don't have to start at a main hub, just connect through them....so if
our DESTINATIONS are NEAR them......everyone can get there on direct flight with
no connections almost all of the time from all over.

Those main hub airports are ( basically )   HOUSTON, DALLAS Ft.WORTH,   DENVER,
SALT LAKE CITY, CHICAGO, ATLANTA, MINN. ST. PAUL......may be a couple of
others for Airlines I am not that familiar with like US AIR or that I left
out........etc.
But "in general" .....if you really look at the map.....these 7 main hubs take
care of
all the
Rotations everyone worries about .....AND are drivable from all
directions.....except
maybe Minn. and Atlanta and Houston........

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com