[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: how to stop barking???????

  • From: "myjoygs@xxxxxxx" <myjoygs@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rockstarshepherds@xxxxxxxxx, cheradongsd@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 07:24:20 -0400

Welcome to the list Michele!

-----Original Message-----
From: Michele Panetta <rockstarshepherds@xxxxxxxxx>
To: cheradongsd@xxxxxxx
Cc: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, Oct 26, 2010 4:07 pm
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: how to stop barking???????

Hi  I'm new to the list but my thoughts are
sing a coller that emits a sound that all the dogs can hear doesn't work
ecause you are also affecting the dogs that aren't barking.  Since they
ren't doing it they will learn to ignore it.    I have used in the past a
pray bottle with vinegar and water and hit them with a blast when they
tart barking at nothing.  I hit them in the face but NOT the eyes.  My
lder GSD would go outside and bark at 2 am while I was still up.  the only
ay I stopped her was to put my goldens E collar on tell her it was ok to go
ut.  when she was outside andstarted barking I just zapped her.  she came
n running with a look of shock on her like WHAT HAPPENED.  i just looked at
er and said calmly "Whats wrong  did something happen?  go on you can go
utside."  She started again and I zapped her again.  does not go out
arking for no reason anymore.  I had it set on the lowest setting.  It
orked.
ichele
KC Ch Star  AKC pointed CKC  pointed
On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 11:35 AM, <cheradongsd@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
 I have a 10 month old puppy that is a barker--and it is driving me crazy.
 And it gets all the other dogs going too.
 For the first time in over 30 years, I am stumped.   I just bought an
 electronic bark breaker-supposedly when they bark it admits a 2 second
  untrasonic sound that we cant hear--but they can--except that she dosent
 pay ANY attention to it at all.  In fact, no one seems to even notice it.

 Any ideas???  I dont know that I want to try the bark collar-has to be a
 pain putting it on and off all the time-and I wouldnt want to leave it on
 her all the time--dont know what to do.  I am at my whits end.

 Thanks,

 Cheri Hunt
 Cheradon Shepherds   http://www.cheradonshepherds.com/index.html
 Home of Ch. Cheradon AchtungErynbrook Molokai, TC, OFA H&E, PA,TH,CA, Eyes
 Cert. and Certificate of Health Merit Excellent from the GSDCA (aka Ch.
 Mikey)

POST is Copyrighted 2010.  All material remains the property of the

 Each Author is responsible for the content of his/her post.  This group and
 its administrators are not responsible for the comments or opinions
 expressed in any post.

OST is Copyrighted 2010.  All material remains the property of the original
dministrators are not responsible for the comments or opinions expressed in any
ost.
MANNER