[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: how many singles is too many?

  • From: Cinosam GSD <cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ANN SCHULTZ <edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 07:28:15 -0800 (PST)

Hi Ann,

  Well I won't say I agree with the idea of not showing in majors when you
don't need them but I have witnessed people get ticked off when someone took a
major when they only needed a single point...so it sort of reinforced to me
that this was not the considerate thing to do.

  Your right, if you only show in Specialties...it seems pretty silly to travel
half way across the country looking for a small speciality show just so you
don't take a major from someone else.

  Cindy

ANN SCHULTZ <edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Cindy,  Many specialty dogs, especially in this area, are only going to be
entered in major shows. Most specialty shows are usually majors at least in
this area and I don't think there is anything wrong in finishing a dog in that
fashion.  There are some dogs that I just won't chance taking under an all
arounder.  Many times it can be a crap shot .  My last dog to finish, Ch
Mechanical Bull of Edan, finished with all majors, (4) the last three over 19
days time.     I am certainly not going to enter and stay home if it's a major.
I do not show a dog that just needs majors at a minor point show or if the
major breaks,  unless there is a possibility of getting one by going breed over
specials.  Ann
                                              Cinosam GSD
<cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:   Considering how hard majors are to come by, I
wouldn't enter my dog that already had both majors in a show that I knew would
 be a
 major especially if I only needed one or two points. However if I had already
paid my entry fee and then found it it was a major, I would definitely go ahead
and show him.
I've been told that it is sort of an unspoken rule not to show a dog in a major
when you have both majors.....I dont' find that most people follow that rule.
You do see dogs advertised in the Review all the time "FINISHED WITH FOUR
MAJORS!!!". With entries down as much as they are, it could be that my dog is
what holds the major so I don't expect too many people to complain...unless I
win of course.

Cindy

solanagsd wrote:
Why would you pull an aminal IF it needed single points??? The two bitches
we finished this year both finished with 4 majors??? Should I have NOT
shown them because they already had 2 majors??? I think NOT what does
everyone else think???
Deborah Gebhard
Solana Shepherds, MI