[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: how many singles is too many?

  • From: "Harlowe Jahelka" <hcj2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 20:42:57 -0600

In 1999 We entered My British Import  Brussels Griffon bitch and my GSD
Bitch in the Eugene Cluster All Breed with the  GSD Specialty on Friday. A
great weekend for my Wife and I, our GSD went Winners Bitch at the specialty
and 2 of the four all breed shows. (thanks to handler Julie Hamasaki)
 Our import Griff went winners bitch at the first 3 of the all breeds for 4
points majors each day. The last day she also went winners bitch but most of
the competition went home (broke the major and pulled only 2 points)  we
went home with 14 points. The next cluster in Eastern Washington was a few
weeks later my Wife took the bitch with 14 points and went best of winners
for 5 points. She did not need a major but would have finished if the poor
sports had not pulled in Oregon. Our bitch moved up and went BOB the next
day and someone else got the major.

Do I feel bad  about the unneeded major the first day NO WAY. The same
handlers in Eastern WA were the ones that pulled in Oregon.

Would I show a dog  that had 9 points and no majors at a show that did not
hold a major NO WAY.

Harlowe Jahelka
Belleterre GSD, CWC, and Brussels Griffons
Monterey, TN