[ SHOWGSD-L ] how many of you know about AKC's new "PRIME" program?

  • From: "Peggy M" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 21:45:16 -0400

The name of the program is:  Puppy Registration & Inventory Management
Extranet (PRIME)

What is PRIME, you may well ask....until today, I'd have had to ask, too.
Well, PRIME is a tool that the new commercial breeders' service branch of
the AKC has put together so the commercial breeders can track their
"inventory."  It includes tracking the store numbers (because they expect
the puppies to be sold in stores..not breeder to buyer, I guess,) and
tracking whose 21 days are up--(buyers have 21 days to return a purchased
piece of inventory (excuse me, puppy)...and how to track returned
merchandise ('scuse me again...puppy), and more...   if you want to know
more about it, just take a look...this is the publication AKC has put out
for the commercial breeders,
to teach them about PRIME.  (it's a PDF file...)

http://www.akc.org/cchan/view/support/help.pdf

     anyway, go take a look at PRIME.  As I said... it isn't so much the
fact of it all that I object to...it's the secrecy..........or was all this
announced
and I just missed it........??????????/

This VERY EXPENSIVE venture is strictly for commercial breeders........and
Dog only knows how many hundreds of thousands of dollars the AKC has spent
developing this program and tracking system, to say nothing of the brochures
and other nonsense to promote it ...

     if anyone thinks the AKC still cares about dogs, this ought to remove
all doubt..........puppies are nothing but a commodity...like cantaloupes,
or boxes of shoe polish........to be tracked from store to store to home and
maybe back to store and to another store...........  yuck.

Peggy

Peggy