[ SHOWGSD-L ] how about More Elephants?

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "SoilentGrn@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 15:45:18 -0400

I might be one of the few exceptions Evan
I no longer bother with the futurity system. If a co owner wants to enter
the litter, have at it.

However, I would like to see MORE futurities.
But here is the rub. I think the futurity system as it is today is overly
controlled by the GSDCA. Let any club that wants to put on a futurity put
it on. Trophies, why should a club be required to give certain trophies
at their expense? Entrants can go to one or all of them and enter according
to that club's rules and at that club's prices. The whole system has
gotten overly rulesy probably when there were large entries. Not so many now
so things should change.
If I remember one of Tom Brown's great stories correctly, the beginning of
the futurity system was more loosely formed. And quite frankly if it went
back in that direction I would probably say, what the heck, I 'll enter
this and/or that one.
The present GSDCA award system would have to be tweaked as well.
Lissa

Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 14:13:21 -0400
From: "Evan Ginsburg" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender
"elg440@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
Subject: LESS elephants

This is an ongoing thing. Those who no longer show in Futurities want to
reduce the regions.