[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: hold on to your hats.......

  • From: Kay Reamensnyder Betty Doerpinghaus <bedkar@xxxxx>
  • To: <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 20:38:51 +0000

This individual is obviously an AKC darling.......
she'll probably end up being a Field Rep (yikes)!!!! -Kay Reamensnyder and
Betty Doerpinghaus -Home of Bedkar German Shepherds -bedkar@xxxxx -Visit our
Website:  www.bedkargsd.com > From: Peggy > To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx > Sent:
Tuesday, September 09, 2008 9:42 AM> Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] hold on to your
hats.......> > > > A judge who for the moment shall remain nameless, has come
up with an > idea that I believe is so awful I can't even express myself
properly.> > She is instituting something she calls the Standard Assistance
Program.......because > she and some others have decided that some breed
Standards "are not complete, > have a myriad of unnecessary words, are not
direct in their meaning, leave too many things > up for "interpretation" (right
or wrong) or that they do not render a clear written picture of > the breed."
(note the quotation marks, please)> > She goes on to say that most breed clubs
do not have multi-group judges included in the > process of writing their
Standards. She "feels" judges should be assisting in the process, ".> Since
judges are the ones interpreting and applying the words in the Standard on > a
routine basis,"> > She went on to say that her " purpose is not to write the
Standard for the breed> clubs, but to read, interpret and offer suggestions for
better wording, based on what > they are trying to say; to offer more clarity
and understanding of their Standard from > the perspective of a multi-group
judge.> There could also be things we would feel important that they have not
included, or > are not logical as we know it from knowledge gained from many
other breed Standards, > or are generally too simplistic or too superfluous.">
> She has asked retired and active multi-group judges to volunteer to work on
this project. > She will select 5 judges to work on any specific standard that
she (obviously she...> who else?) has decided needs work, then she will
coordinate the responses > of those 5 judges and submit them to the various
breed clubs for consideration........> > I find her proposal to be so
insulting, so outrageous, so condescending, and so > offensive...I'm almost
(but not quite) at a loss for words. Actually, I have plenty to > say about it,
none of it complimentary to or in favor of the idea............of course, the >
clubs won't have to made the changes...but..........> > I can't help but wonder
if she is doing this with AKC approval--probably she is, > since it sounds like
another half-assed thought from our fearless leaders, but who>
knows.............> > OK gang.........what do you think about this idea?> >> >
Peggy> > >
Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. > > ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT
THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS
ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE
LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF
THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED. > > For assistance, please contact the
List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> > VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org>