[ SHOWGSD-L ] hip results "a" stamp & ovc

  • From: "Carl" <sanderhaus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 12:14:12 -0400

hi,
thought this may interest some people.
it's only one dog, first time we used OVC. i am waiting and waiting and geez
got the results back from germany long ago. turns out ovc does not deal with
the dog's owner? they send the result to the vet. well my vet never got
anything but a fax. apparently there is an orig cert somewhere. girls was not
too nice when i called. wanted the akc number. i told her it's filed away but
can't she search by name? no dogs have the same name. i said yeah well i doubt
there's another Lexentie vom Sander-Haus, come on?

she wouldn't give me any info but told me to call my vet. was not too pleased
with this but they did get a fax and they assumed long ago that i got
everything else so of course they didn't tell me.

anyway, she is "a" fast normal germany and passed ovc, no evidence of HD.

so if anyone wondered what a fast normal would get somewhere else this is one
and yes just one, our first for ovc.

did a male at 15 months before her. a few more months he could have gone ovc.
he was "a" noch zugelassen and i felt his hips were better than the FN.

our other comparisons long ago was an excellent here and a FN from germany on
the same dog and an "a" normal from germany and a fair here, another "a" normal
and she was ofa good at 38 months a no brainer on that one.

i really just wanted to see what we'd get from OVC since it is pass or fail and
since she was 20 months of age we went there and for the "a" stamp.

no conclusions, just wanted to share.

susan

www.sander-haus.com
Home of Sander-Haus German Shepherd Dogs
Quality West German Bloodlines